What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which may be stored on your computer, tablet or mobile device to store or retrieve information related to a website you visit. Other technologies exist, which are similar but not technically the same as cookies, but we do not use these. For more information, you may look at the following third-party websites:
There are several types of cookies, which we use to optimise your visits to our website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These permanent cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work as a result. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, navigating through pages or filling in forms.
- Performance Cookies: We would like to set permanent and session Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our Website. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies, which are erased when you close your browser, although they may survive navigating from the website where they came from. They are used to deliver basic functions of a website while you are actively using it.
- Permanent cookies: These are cookies, which can remain on your computer, tablet or mobile device for a length of time, even after you visit our website unless they are specifically deleted.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies, which are delivered by third parties, in our case Google Analytics. These cookies allow us to measure and improve the performance of our site. Our third party cookies are used for performance reasons only.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|This is a permanent cookie to prevent cross-site request forgery; expires after 1 hour|
|Third-party Performance||This is a permanent cookie provided by Google Analytics to collect visitor browser and computer details; expires after 30 minutes.|
|_utma||Third-party performance||This is a permanent cookie provided by Google Analytics to record the number of times a visitor has visited a site; expires after 2 years.|
|_utmb||Third-party performance||This is a permanent cookie provided by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of the visit; expires after 1 hour.|
|_utmc||Third-party performance||This is a session cookie provided by Google Analytics to timestamp when the visitor leaves the site; expires at the end of the session.|
|_utmt||Third-party performance||This is a session cookie provided by Google Analytics to throttle the speed of the request to the server; expires at the end of the session.|
|_utmz||Third-party performance||This is a permanent cookie provided by Google Analytics to record where the user came from, search engine used, what link was clicked and search term; expires after 6 months.|
|lks_last_activity||Third-party performance||This is a permanent cookie provided by Google Analytics to record the date the user last visited the site; expires after 1 year.|
|lks_last_visit||Third-party performance||This is a permanent cookie provided by Google Analytics to record the date the user last visited the site; expires after 1 year.|
|lks_tracker||Third-party performance||This is a session cookie provided by Google Analytics to record the date the user last visited the site; expires at the end of the session.|
Cookies used by Third Party Websites
Only necessary cookies are automatically activated on loading our Website. All other cookies are optional and only activated once you chose to activate them manually.
Once activated, you can change your preference at any time by deleting cookies on your device. You can set your browser to block cookies, but this action may block our strictly necessary cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilise all of its features and services. Different browsers make different controls available to you, here are links to popular manufacturer’s instructions on how you can do this:
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Google Android
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please check the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
Changes to this Policy