- This event has passed.
IAB Ireland Members’ Briefing GDPR
January 24, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
GDPR briefing on January 24th 2018 at 2pm – for IAB Ireland Members
The challenge to obtain user consent under the forthcoming GDPR is one of the biggest difficulties facing the digital advertising industry in 2018. IAB Europe has announced their commitment to a new industry consent mechanism to support the challenges arising from GDPR.
Matthias Matthiesen, Privacy and Public Policy, IAB Europe will outline the Industry Consent Mechanism, developed by IAB Europe and update on recent GDPR developments relevant to you.
The new Industry Consent Mechanism facilitates websites, advertisers and their ad technology partners in making more robust disclosures, as well as obtaining, recording and updating consumers consent for their personal data to be processed in line with GDPR.
Here are some of the key features that will benefit you:
- Works on mobile and Desktop devices.
- Enables dynamic disclosure by first parties of third party advertising partners and the purposes for which they collect and process data.
- Allows obtaining “global” or “service-specific” affirmative consent, as well as updating consent choices and withdrawing consent.
- Enables the transmission of user consent to third party advertising partners.
- Increases accountability in the advertising ecosystem by facilitating the creation of consent records and an audit trail.
- It can be deployed before the GDPR date of application
Book now to attend this briefing – please note it is for IAB Ireland members only.