March 2015 – IAB Europe launches ‘Mobile Brand Builders’ – a suite of five mobile brand advertising formats which offers a new branding environment to advertisers
The Mobile Brand Builders recommendation aims to fuel the increase of brand advertising on mobile through Programmatic Trading by simplifying the landscape of mobile ad formats across Europe and reducing the processes and costs related with planning and booking national and Europe-wide brand advertising campaigns.
7 key benefits
- Only five formats recommended in total
- Two-phase option (static or dynamic) for all formats to optimally support brand advertisers’ objectives and agencies’ creativity
- The only format prescription within the suite is the pixel dimension for the static formats, the rest is a blank canvas giving flexibility to the advertiser/ creative agency
- Recommendation of the already-popular 300×250 format to enable (programmatic) brand advertising across channels
- A 16:9 TV compatible dimension to make brand advertising across TV and digital easier. By providing a 16:9 TV compatible dimension the suite is able to support in-page video advertising
- Compatibility with other format recommendations – the Mobile Brand Builders are compatible with the more prescriptive IAB / MMA format standards and the more creative IAB Mobile Rising Stars
- A best practice list to enable effective brand building in the mobile environment
The Mobile Brand Builders were developed through a bottom up approach which consisted of a pan-European survey and desk research to understand the current formats landscape in Europe, and the current recommendations/ standards in place, e.g. the IAB / MMA format standards.
IAB Europe also undertook an outreach phase to gather feedback from the local IABs and major mobile DSPs to ensure the recommendation is suitable for the market place.
View the Mobile Brand Builders here