Last updated 23 May 2018
About us: IAB Ireland is a member of the global IAB network of online advertising trade associations. Affiliated to IAB US and IAB Europe, IAB Ireland shares the IAB purpose to PROVE, PROMOTE and PROTECT the online advertising industry.
In this notice, we explain what personal information we collect, why we collect it and who of our trusted partners we share it with. It also tells you how you can access, amend or delete your personal information.
What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it?
We want to make the service we offer to you the best it can be through the information you share with us. Specifically, we want to:
- Make sure our site is informative, up-to-date and functions properly
- Ensure you are the first to know about the IAB’s latest thinking, our news and views, as well as important industry news;
- Make you aware of the existing events and training opportunities; and
- Get the most out of your membership (if you are an IAB member)
Cookies on our Website:
Google Analytics works by means of tracking code that is added to the pages of our website. Every user is registered with a unique ID, so that Google Analytics can provide IAB Ireland with insight into how many unique visitors there are to the site, for example, and how many users return.
Our website is powered by WordPress. IabIreland uses session cookies to help our website function as our users move from page to page. With secure sites like iabIreland, session cookies work to keep the user logged in so they aren’t required to enter their credentials whenever they navigate to a new page. These cookies are deleted after the session ends.
We want you to be first to know about our latest thinking, events and training, important industry news and views and our recently launched initiatives.
As such, we would like to send you emails on matters of specific interest to your company. We will only do so if you haven’t opted out. We never share your personal details with other companies.
You can at any time opt-out of these communications via mailchimp or by emailing email@example.com with the subject line OPT-OUT.
The personal data we collect is as follows:
- Email address – We will use this email address as the main way of communicating with you.
- Password – We will never be able to see your password or share it with anyone – you can reset your password at any time.
- First & Last Name – We want to make sure we speak to the right person so please do consider giving us the name you go by at work.
- Job Title, Company – This is so we can segment certain messages depending on what your job title is or company type.
IAB Ireland Members:
When your organisation becomes a member of IAB Ireland, all individuals within the company become members automatically. Usually our main point of contact will give us the email addresses of all colleagues to add to both our Members’ database and our full database.
We use your email address to communicate member-specific updates on events, research, policy, regulation and any other information we think is relevant for your organisation. We never share your personal details with other companies.
As a member, you can also register for a login for our site, which allows you to access reports that are not open to non-members.
You can at any time opt-out of these member communications via mailchimp or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line OPT-OUT.
Who has access to your information?
The IAB acts as the ‘controller’ of your personal information and does not and will not sell your information to third parties, including for marketing purposes.
However, to deliver what we promise we will share some of your information with our trusted partners, all of which act as data processors for us. Data processors are third parties who can only use your personal information in the way we have instructed them to do so as outlined in this privacy notice. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Google: As outlined above, our analytics partner Google manages the information on our website for analytics purposes.
None of the above mentioned partners will share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Your Preferences and Choices
You have control over the personal information that you share with us.
Email Communications: You’ll be able to opt-out through any marketing email we send you or by emailing email@example.com with the subject line OPT-OUT.
You also have the right to change your privacy settings depending on which browser you are using (see instructions below for how to do that):
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” change your settings: Turn off any of the privacy settings you don’t want anymore. To manage how Chrome handles content and permissions for a site, click Content settings.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- At the top left, click File > Preferences.
- Select privacy & Security
- Open Internet Explorer, choose Tools→Internet Options, and click the Privacy tab.
- Drag the slider up and down to see the different levels of security settings. …
- Read the choices and select a setting that suits you. …
- Go to Safari > Preferences.
- Click the AutoFill tab.
- On this tab, select what types of forms your browser fills in automatically. …
- Click the Security tab.
How can you access or update your Personal Information in your account?
For IAB Ireland members, once registered for enhanced access to our website, you can always edit your profile / preferences by logging on at iabireland.ie. If you can not remember your login information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try our very best to keep your data accurate. However, if you become aware of any errors or if you would like to see what personal information we have collected from you, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, deactivate it by emailing email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access as soon as possible but at the very least within 30 days.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
The security of your personal information is also important to us. When you provide us with it, we will take steps and make our best efforts to ensure it is treated securely on our systems. We only work with trusted partners, WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Eventbrite.
These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
This site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy notices of any of these sites. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy notices. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any web site you visit.
If what you read above doesn’t answer all your questions or you have any other queries, please do get in touch with us directly: at firstname.lastname@example.org