IAB Ireland is actively engaged in working towards the optimal policy environment for online advertising. IAB’S advocacy out reach to policy makers promotes the value of digital advertising and communicates the views of our members to leading decision makers in the regulatory sector. IAB Ireland works in tandem with the policy teams of IAB US, IAB UK and IAB Europe to ensure that our industry is committed to the promotion of good practice to ensure a responsible medium.
As part of IAB Ireland’s ongoing Policy work, we take park in consultations, briefings, panels and various other Policy outreach activities to ensure appropriate representation of the Irish Online Advertising Industry.
Data Protection Regulation SME Roundtable 14.6.2013 – Justin Cullen, Radical/Core Media; Sean Kelly, MEP, Agata Nowacka, IAB Europe, Suzanne McElligott, IAB Ireland, Eamonn Fallon, Distilled Media, John Patten, Digtize.
Please find a detailed list of these activities below.
IAB Ireland Policy Outreach
- Consultation with Department of Communications Energy and Natural Resource (DCENR) in respect of the transposition of the ePrivacy Directive into Irish law 2010/11
- IAB Ireland members provide highest uptake up to IAB Europe OBA Framework 2011
- Consultation with Alcohol Beverage Federation of Ireland and Department of Health re alcohol advertising 2011 to 2014
- Consultation with ASAI re extension of remit to include digital advertising 2012
- Contribution to EC Digital Assembly panel on digital advertising by CEO IAB Ireland, Suzanne McElligott June 2013
- Consultation with ASAI re adoption of OBA rules 2013
- Consultation with DCENR on the Public Service Broadcasting Charge 2013
- Consultation with Indecon in respect of the DCENR’s review of the Irish advertising market 2014
- Consultation with Department of Justice in respect of the ongoing EC Data Protection Reform 2013/4
- Briefing on the Proposed Data Protection Regulation with MEPS and Media June 2013
- Updates with the DPC as to the rollout of the IAB OBA Framework and implementation of the ePrivacy directive 2011 to 2014
- IAB Ireland CEO Suzanne McElligott represents the digital advertising industry on the ASAI’s Code Review Working Group 2014
- Digital Innovation Showcase Europe, IAB Ireland is participating in this IAB Europe policy outreach aimed at educating policy makers