1. Why do I need Certification?
2. Who can become certified?
3. What is the difference between ‘Certification’ and a ‘Certificate’?
4. How do I apply for Certification?
5. How much does it cost?
6. What will be on the exam?
7. How do I schedule my exam?
8. How can I prepare for the exam?
9. When do I get my exam results?
10. How long is my Certification valid?
11. How was the Certification developed?
12. How is the Certification administered?
13. How do I contact IAB Certification?
Advertising buyers and agencies told IAB that they wanted an industry benchmark for digital sales professionals, to ensure a deeper level of trust in the process of creating digital media packages.
The Digital Media Sales Certification was created to fulfill this demand. It provides a standard for advertising salespeople to demonstrate their general knowledge and commitment towards their trade and provides a higher credibility for buyers. Candidates achieve credentials, knowledge, and confidence in how they do their job. Certification enhances their marketability in the industry.
The exam is designed for media and sales professionals with at least 2-5 years of relevant experience. See eligibility requirements here.
- Digital Media Salespeople
- Traditional Media Salespeople
- Other Digital Advertising Professionals
This is the first industry-led, professional certification programme for the digital media industry. While many training companies say they offer ‘Certification’, they often really mean a ‘Certificate’. ‘Certification’ is different than ‘Certificate’ programmes in the following ways:
|Results from an assessment process
|Results from an educational process
|Awarded by a standard-setting organisation
|Awarded by institutions
|Indicates mastery/competency as measured against a set of standards by an exam
|Indicates completion of a course or series of courses other than a degree programme
|Standards set through industry-wide process (job analysis/task analysis) that results in an outline of required knowledge and skills
|Course content set by trainers
|Has on-going requirements in order to maintain; holder must demonstrate he/she continues to meet requirements
|Is the end result; demonstrates knowledge of course content at the end of a set period in time
Contact Donna in the first instance, email@example.com. If you meet our eligibility requirements (please see eligibility criteria above), Maeve will send you a link to apply, your application will be approved in 2-3 business days and you will receive a notification from certification@IAB.com authorizing you to schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.
|Exam Fee Effective January 1, 2015 (includes a €50 non-refundable application fee)
|Retake Fee (if candidate does not pass the first time)
*Pricing subject to change
The two-hour exam contains 100 multiple-choice questions covering four basic areas:
- Comprehending the Digital Advertising Ecosystem
- Selling Digital Media
- Managing Digital Advertising Campaigns
- Analyzing Campaign Performances
We recommend you download our Study Guide and Candidate Handbook for more information here. Once your application is approved you can download a Practice Exam with a full answer key.
The certification exam is offered at Pearson VUE testing centers throughout Ireland. The exam is offered on a quarterly basis; registration is open year-around. Find a Pearson VUE testing center near you. Once your application is approved, you will have up to six months (or two testing windows) to schedule and take your exam. All scheduling needs, including rescheduling or cancellation, are completed with Pearson VUE via phone or online.
We recommend scheduling your exam as soon as possible to assure the best selection of testing locations and times.
|2015 / 2016 Testing Windows
|August 1, 2015
|August 31, 2015
|November 1, 2015
|November 30, 2015
|February 1, 2016
|February 28, 2016
|May 1, 2016
|May 31, 2016
- Preparation MaterialsWe recommend you download the Study Guide, Candidate Handbook and Exam Blueprint here. A 25-question Practice Test is available to all candidates after their application has been approved, and will be included in your acceptance email.
- TrainingIAB Ireland schedules a half day workshop to help with preparation for the Certification exam in the month preceding each testing window – please note this is subject to sufficient numbers booking for certification and there is an additional cost for this workshop. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam results are given immediately at the testing site along with a brief diagnostic report on each of the four exam categories, which can be printed for you at the testing site. The Commission on Certification will send you an official notification of pass/fail status by email within four weeks after the testing window closes.
Once you pass the exam, your certification will be valid for two years. A specific amount of continuing education and/or training is required to recertify. Find out more about recertification here. Contact email@example.com regarding re-certification.
IAB developed the program in partnership with Professional Testing Inc., a leader in certification program development in a number of industries and professions. Many IAB member companies also participated in developing the certification:
The IAB Digital Media Sales Certification is governed and administered by the Commission on Certification. The Commission on Certification is responsible for all decisions related to certification. The certification program operates separately from other IAB programmes, products and services.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 086 8370577