- This event has passed.
9 Steps to Building a Successful Social Media Strategy – Workshop
February 25, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Successful social media
A course for media and marketing professionals with responsibility for social media within their organisations or that of their clients
Delegates will gain an understanding of the principles behind social media marketing and the opportunities for audience engagement. They will glean practical advice on building a successful social media strategy.
- Digital disruption and the role of social media
- Social media as mainstream media – the latest trends
- Digital marketing – the changing role of the Owned, Paid and Earned media channels, and the challenges facing marketeers with consumer/customer acquisition and retention through the purchasing journey
- The importance of mobile devices for social media engagement
- A 9 step guide to developing social media campaigns: Research, produce, host, stimulate, share, engage, amplify, manage
- Guest speakers – demonstrations of successful social media activities and tactics
- Action planning for your organisation
If you’re a Brand or Marketing Manager / Executive with responsibility for Social Media in your organisation looking to get more from your Social Media strategy, this is a must-attend workshop.
About the Trainer – Steve Thompson:
Steve is an experienced digital media professional (working in the industry since 1996) with proven track record digital advertising, digital publishing, training, coaching, learning and development. He is also skilled in analytics, digital advertising technologies and practices, behavioural economics, data visualisation and infographics, learning theories, social media for business, online marketplace management.
Steve specialises in the development of digital advertising revenues for publishers and other organisations through inspirational, practical and bespoke learning and development programmes.
His clients include Haymarket, Incisive Media, Telegraph Media Group, Guardian Media Group, IAB Ireland & UK. Enhance Media, Content ETC, Hearst, IPC, UBM, GTI Media (targetjobs.co.uk), The Beans Group, William Reed, Trinity Mirror Digital Recruitment, Loot and a variety of other B2B and B2C publishers.