IAB Ireland Press Release – IAB Mobile Connect 2015 – Final speaker line-up
Wednesday 14th October 2015
FROM APPS TO NATIVE – MOBILISE YOUR MARKETING MIX AT IAB IRELAND MOBILE CONNECT 2015
IAB Ireland’s fourth annual mobile conference IAB Mobile Connect, takes place on the 29th October at the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin.
It has been widely reported that the Irish nation is addicted to their Mobile Devices and that Mobile Internet usage is soaring. The latest ComReg report for Q2 2015, shows an increase (year on year) of 94.2% in our monthly data usage.
Also, over the last year Mobile usage has taken another 6% from Desktop, based on Statcounter analysis, reaching 42%. However, are Irish brands really seizing the Mobile opportunity? Are they truly Mobilising their Marketing?
We are delighted to welcome the VP of Global Media at Unilever, Sarah Mansfield to the event this year, who has a total media spend of circa 1 billion euros per annum. Mobile is central to Unilever’s marketing mix and Sarah will share some best in class campaign execution examples.
The theme for the event this year is “Mobilising your Marketing Mix” and the full list of speakers and topics is below:
- The Importance Of Mobile Moments – Rik Moore, Head Of Creative Strategy, Havas Media UK & Ireland
- I have an App, now what?- Tommy Kearns, CEO, Xtremepush
- Reaching the Elusive Youth Market – Speaker TBC, Thinkhouse
- Mobile and The Irish Digital Landscape in 2015 – Stuart Wilkinson, Head Of Industry Relations EMEA, comScore
- 5 Reasons You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile – Jessica Hickey, Chair IAB Ireland’s Mobile Council & COO, Entertainment Media Network
- Native Advertising – the launch of IAB Ireland’s Guide to Native – Adrian Acosta, Chair IAB Ireland’s Native Council and CEO, Journal Media Ltd.
- Mobile Retargeting – Brian Brady, Head Of Account Management EMEA, Adroll
- Mobile at the Centre Of Unilever Marketing – Sarah Mansfield, VP Global Media, Unilever
IAB Mobile Connect is sponsored by: DMG Media Ireland, Google, PwC and our media partner is Independent News and Media.
The conference will also release the following reports:
– IAB PwC Online Adspend Results for H1 2015 (Jan to June 2015).
– IAB Ireland Retail and Auto Mobile Audit study – an audit of Irish Retail and Automotive brands to assess how “mobile-ready” they are.
* ComReg report here: http://www.comreg.ie/about_us/comreg_issues_market_report_for_q2_2015.43.1165.whatsnew.html and Statcounter reporting here: http://gs.statcounter.com/, figures are based on August 2014 to August 2015, mobile count includes consoles and tablet
For further information please contact:
Maeve O’Meara, Marketing Manager, IAB Ireland
Tel: 086 8522291
More information is available at https://iabireland.ie/event/iab-mobile-connect/
Speakers and topics – biogs and pics available on request.
About IAB Ireland
IAB Ireland is the trade association for the Irish online advertising industry. As a not for profit organisation IAB Ireland works with members to ensure marketers can identify the best role for online in building their brands. IAB Ireland is a member of both IAB Europe and IAB US. The IAB network shares three core objectives, namely to prove, promote and protect the online advertising industry. These objectives are fulfilled through the dissemination of authoritative research, the organisation of educational events and by promoting industry-wide best practice.