Following the Belgian Data Protection Authority’s ruling (APD) in respect of the Transparency and Consent Framework, IAB Europe has shared an FAQ document which provides clarification on what the decision means for the TCF and the companies who use it.
The FAQ addresses the key questions in respect of the TCF including:
- Are TCF CMP pop-ups illegal?
- Should all data collected via the TCF be deleted?
- Will IAB Europe appeal to the Market Court?
- Will the TCF be made into a code of conduct?
- Are TCF participants at risk now towards their local Data Protection Authority?
You can read and download the FAQ document here.
The Belgian Data Protection Authority’s (APD) ruling can be read here.
IAB Europe’s statement in response to the decision by the APD is available to read here.