IAB Ireland – Press Release – 23rd April 2015
Hear from the experts on why Video Online is truly a brand’s best friend for engaging hard to reach audiences
IAB Video Connect takes place on Thursday, May 14th from 8.30am to 1pm at the Guinness Storehouse Dublin. Some tickets are still available here.
The IAB Ireland/PwC Online Adspend report recorded a 63% increase in Video Advertising in 2014. Video and VOD are a key focus area for the Online Advertising Industry in Ireland and the inaugural IAB Ireland Video Connect 2015 theme is Video Online – A Brand’s best friend, which highlights the role of Video and VOD for engaging hard to reach audiences.
Experts from YouTube, AOL, Twitter, Microsoft and advertising agency executives, will be joined on stage by brand representatives who will outline case-studies on best practice in VOD and Video content and campaigns.
IAB Video Connect speakers confirmed include:
- Eoghan Phipps, Head of Irish Agency Sales, Google / YouTube – My VoD how you’ve grown
- Michael McGarry, Group Digital Manager, Channel 4 – Presentation title TBC
- Mark Brennan, Head of Digital Marketing & Innovation, AIB – AIB’s #TheToughest
- Kate Sugrue, Senior Agency Account Manager, TV & Video Specialist, UK, Twitter – #PressPlay with Twitter
- Graham Moysey, Head of International, AOL – Unleashing video for a new era
- Hitesh Bhatt, Strategy Controller, Sky – The convergence of TV and Video
- Orla Carroll, Director of Dublin and Head of Digital, Fáilte Ireland – Video Online Case Study
- Claire Harris, TAM/AIS Director, Nielsen – The power of VOD 2 – part 2 of IAB Ireland / Nielsen Research
More speakers still to be announced.
1 in 4 of Video On Demand (VOD) viewers watch daily*
With 84% of Irish adults having access to an “on-the-go” device (source: EHsS 2014), the way we consume Video content has changed dramatically. Many people are choosing to view video on the go via any internet connected device, viewing this video content when and where it suits them. To understand more about this change in consumption, IAB Ireland conducted research with Nielsen* late in 2014 which showed that 1 in 4 of Video On Demand (VOD) viewers watch daily – this figure rises to 1 in 2 among 16-24 year olds. 2 in 3 watch for 1+ hours per day. We know from the research that VOD delivers on hard to reach audiences and complements TV. 1 in 3 VOD viewers claim to watch more VOD than TV.
Key insights from the research* include:
- VOD viewers engage on a daily basis
- VOD complements TV
- Advertising in VOD leads to further brand engagement
- Key Driver – watch it where and when you want
- Key Driver – the ability to personalize content for the viewer
* IAB Ireland / Nielsen The Power of VOD 2014 – View the summary infographic for the research here.
Notes: By VOD, we mean streamed, downloaded video content online on any device eg. tablet, smartphone, desktop. Both professionally produced and user-generated video content is included, whatever the length of the video.
For more, contact Maeve O’Meara, 086 8522291 or email@example.com
About IAB Ireland
IAB Ireland (www.iabireland.ie) is the trade association for the Irish online advertising industry. As a not for profit organisation IAB Ireland works with members to ensure marketers can identify the best role for online in building their brands. IAB Ireland is licensed by IAB US and is a member of the IAB Europe network. The IAB network shares three core objectives, namely to prove, promote and protect the online advertising industry. These objectives are fulfilled through the dissemination of authoritative research, the organisation of educational events and by promoting industry-wide best practice.